Friday, July 9, 2010

23 Going On 30

Today, I was informed via Twitter that Jessica Simpson will soon be turning 30.

Hold the eff up. What?!? I clearly remember the "Newlyweds" episode where J. Simps hilariously complains to then-hubby Nick Lachey about her upcoming 23rd birthday, "Well, 23 is old! It's almost 25 which is almost mid-twenties!" (Thanks to IMDB for having the actual quote, so I didn't have to rely solely on my somewhat faulty memory.)

So, this means it's been SEVEN years since that moment which feels like yesterday. Seven years ago I was 12. Seven years ago, Lindsay Lohan was a successful actress. Seven years ago, Justin Bieber was in 3rd grade (or whatever the Canadian equivalent is).

Wow, I feel so old right now. I mean, granted, its been years since Jess and Nick have been in happily wedded bliss (BTW: Did anyone else love the Newlyweds theme song as much as I did? Yet, I was perplexed as to why they never used Nick's former group's very appropriately-themed track I Do (Cherish You). Maybe Nick wanted to properly establish himself as a solo artist - yeah, how'd that work out for you? Actually, his other album did a lot better, which we all know was due to his awesome music video where random stuff magically disappeared from his fridge. Kudos, Nick's graphics team.)

And, both have moved on with other lovers. Nick, more successfully than Jessica. I mean, really Jessica, this guy? And don't even get me started on this asshole.

But still, the fact that it's been so long since the show that I used to tune into for for marathons every weekend has aired, makes me feel ancient, and a little nostalgic (oh no, you know what happens when I get nostalgic). Ah, "Newlyweds," I hope MTV will reruneth you in the near future.

Happy birthday, Jessica! May all of your birthday wishes be granted. Just remember: no matter how old you are, don't lose that youthful sense of joy and curiousity.




Question of the Day: Does it make you feel older when celebrities get older? Is there a certain celeb's birthday that you watch to help mark the passage of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment