Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If I Can Dream & Acoustic Song of the Day

A little bit of background info: "If I Can Dream" is a show on Hulu that's basically like the Real World except everyone in the Los Angeles house is pursuing music/acting/modeling. I didn't start watching the show until they put Alex Lambert in the house, because he was one of my favorites on American Idol. Unfortunately, he got voted off right before the top 12, thus leading to the suckiest season of Idol to date (I will likely devote multiple future entries to American Idol - mark your calendars!).

There's also a live feed to watch the cast members inside of the house. I refuse to link to the website, because this is where I draw the line on reality shows. Even I, who gave up my Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights for 4 seasons of Big Brother, could never understand why people would want to watch the live feeds. That's just so damn creepy. And besides, I usually only skip to the parts of each half-hour episode where Alex is on, but some of the other cast members are pretty entertaining too. There's Ben, who's gorgeous yet awkwardly cute. And then there's Miley Cyrus' ex-boyfriend, Justin, who has the personality of a bowl of cat food. Sigh. You win some, you lose some.

Now, the reason I'm giving you all of this useless information isn't so that one day you'll win on VH1's World Series of Pop Culture (please, please, decision-makers at Vh1 and Viacom, please bring back this show). No, the reason that I'm giving you this information is so that I can now present to you the Acoustic Song of the Day!

Today's song is by Veronica Ballestrini. Veronica won some contest that allowed her to come to the house for a few weeks, or something like that. I'm a little foggy on the details. If Justin was explaining it then I probably got really bored and started watching stuff like this on YouTube (Side note: They should replace Justin with one of those puppies! They are 10 times more fun to watch). So, Veronica came to the house, recorded a few songs, had a showmance with Alex (ugh. Seriously, do they think they're on Big Brother? I swear, if Evel Dick becomes the newest cast member, I will boycott the show). One of the songs that Veronica sang on the show is called "Don't Say," and is available on iTunes but only in the country version (she's a country artist, even though she doesn't sound like it in this video). I'm hoping that she'll release the acoustic version of this soon! There's also a version of the song that she sings with Alex, although I prefer this version. Alex also has some great songs, like "Imperfectly Perfect" and this "Use Somebody" cover with the American Idol winner from this year, Lee Dewyze, and that other dude that I've written about before.


So enjoy! And if you're looking for a show to watch this summer (besides Friday Night Lights and iCarly) then go check out "If I Can Dream" on Hulu!



No comments:

Post a Comment