Tuesday, July 6, 2010

YouTube Shining Star(s) of the Day

I can't tell you how many precious hours I've wasted looking for new acoustic covers on YouTube. I have a penchant for listening to songs that have been broken down to just a strum and a cool, melodic voice. Yes, there are definitely lots of amateurs on YouTube. But we should support these endeavors by these fine folks! With all this talk of schools losing arts funding, maybe YouTube is the next creative outlet for musicians.


So here are some of my favorites from over the years. In most cases, I enjoy the cover version much more than the actual one (sorry, Spice Girls).




Original: Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris



Original: Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics and Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson



Original: Wannabe by Spice Girls



Original: Various Michael Jackson songs (my favorite is the "I Want You Back" cover at the beginning). Also, the guy in this video, Andrew Garcia, was on American Idol this year. But I prefer not to talk about that (watch below if you don't know why):





Original: Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley (hell yeah you just got rickrolled)





Original: Girl on TV by LFO. And PS Gabe Bondoc is awesome and insanely talented. Check out more of his videos if you appreciate real talent. Seriously, I will judge you if you don't go listen to his songs.




Are there any good acoustic covers that you've found on YouTube that you think are better than the originals?

No comments:

Post a Comment